Start off your day in a tasty way with this cheesy mushroom and spinach omelet. Easy to make, and tastes like you got it from a fancy restaurant!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
Servings 2 omelets
Calories 295 kcal
- 1 1/2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2tsp black pepper, divided
- 2large eggs
- 1/2cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp olive oil in large skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Add mushrooms and onion, cooking about 5 minutes, until golden and soft. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, then stir in baby spinach until wilted.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to plate and wipe out skillet. Crack eggs into small mixing bowl with 1/2 Tbsp water and remaining salt and pepper, and beat with small whisk or fork until blended and a little frothy.
- Spray skillet lightly with nonstick cooking spray and heat over MED to MED-LOW. Add beaten egg mixture and stir them around the pan with a rubber spatula, pulling the sides in towards the middle, swirling the pan slightly so the runny egg mixture on top hits the pan and cooks. Cook about 2 minutes, until eggs are just slightly shiny on top.
- Add mushroom mixture to one side of the omelet, then sprinkle with cheese. Carefully lift up the edge of the omelet and check to see if the eggs are lightly golden on the bottom. Once they are, gently fold it over the filling.
- Slide omelet out of skillet and onto plate to serve. Serve garnished with minced parsley and extra black pepper if desired.